Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Never Underestimate the Power of Wishes...


Oops.

I think I may have prayed a little too hard for this snow…because now we are drowning in it…20 inches at least, to be more exact. But the weather station is calling for more than that. 

So I am taking this time to publicly apologize for wishing too hard for snow. I honestly had good, somewhat slacker-like intentions in mind when I wished that hard. Swear. I only wanted 3 or 4 inches – just enough to give me a day at home. 

Now I am sitting here watching the local news waiting to hear from the hubby about when he will be able to come home – IF and that is a very big GINORMOUS “IF”, he can even make it home. :( If he can’t make it home I am going to be devastated. I hate being home without him, and I really hate the idea of him being stuck down in Fayetteville, away from me and the boys. Ugh. 

I am going to say it is time to officially take an oath…

“I, Mama, solemnly swear, to never wish for snow again, except around Christmas time when it is appropriate. Furthermore, I also promise to never EVER complain about Summer again, which I know is somewhat of a lie because when it is 100 degrees outside I will inevitably complain…but here’s to trying.”

 I do believe it is time for pictures of Snowmageddon 2011 – Don’t you? :)

 
The Prediction
 
The Cupcake Trampoline
 
The Grills with Snow Hats
 
Goodbye Swingset
 
Where’s the Road?!
 
Cupcake Trampoline May Break Under the Pressure
 
My Survival Tool
 
Well, there you have it…and we STILL are not finished yet! I’m going to say that it is a pretty safe bet that Sean will be staying with his parents in Fayetteville. I am SO ready to buy a house down there I can’t even stand it anymore. But that is a blog for another day…or another hour, since I am definitely going to be stuck inside for a while. 

Everyone stay warm, safe and sane. Hopefully we thaw quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment